ICD-10 training will ensure you are prepared for the transition to ICD-10 on October 1, 2015.The Training plan is a comprehensive curriculum with actionable steps for all those involved with their organization’s transition to ICD-10.
Training Pathways provide the recommended training suited to your role and work setting. It includes training pathway tracks for outpatient coders.
- Why do we need a new coding system?
- Reimbursement & Quality Problems with ICD 9 CM
- Benefits of Adopting the New Coding System
- ICD -10-CM Development
- Introduction to ICD 10
- Impact & Update of ICD 10
- ICD 10- Purpose, uses
- History of ICD 10
- Comparison between ICD 9, 10
- Organizational Changes in ICD-10 &ICD-10 -CM
- Major Modifications
- Laterality – Left Vs. Right
- Structural Differences -ICD 10-CM Diagnosis
- Advantages of ICD-10
- Crosswalk of ICD 9 -10
- General Guidelines -ICD 10
- Chapter wise Guidelines
- Hands-on Coding Exercises and Documentation Case Studies
- Mock test(s)
- Pre Training Assessment
- ICD 9 Guidelines Revision, if necessary
- Post Training Assessment
- Enrolment for Certification from AAPC(on request- charges apply)
A Separate Package on General Anatomy +Medical Terminology is strongly recommended to understand ICD10 better.
Salient Features – Many of our Candidates have scored – 96% in the Final ICD 10 Proficiency Test.